topic

Home Discussion Forum Ask the Expert: Dr. Jyoti Gogte

deAsra Foundation
03 Feb 2022 @ 11:30am

Do you want to expand your Business and are you looking for guidance?

What are your Top 3 challenges? Is it Marketing, Hiring right talent, Funding, Sales, Distribution, Cash-flow Management, Planning…

Share a brief note on your business & challenges that you are facing. Our Business Expert- Dr. Jyoti Gogte will answer your queries here.

(An entrepreneur herself for the last 35 years, Dr. Jyoti is a well-known expert in Business Management & Administration)

6 Replies 365 Views
Prasad Kulkarni
03 Feb 2022 @ 02:52pm

I have a two wheeler workshop and I am a proprietor. I face problem to manage the cash flow for my business. How should I keep the record of material I use for the repairs, my profits and my mark-ups in the material cost?

Jyoti Gogte
16 Feb 2022 @ 11:06am

Best Practices For Managing A Healthy Cash Flow:
1) Always Keep Buffer Money
2) collect your dues/ overdues
3) Control Cash Outflows
4) Cost cutting
5) Create A Separate Bank Account For Your Business
6) Do not focus on profit, focus on cashflow
7) Find out Hidden Costs
8) Generate New Customers
9) Implement Better System To Manage Cash Flow
10) Keep Your Cash Growing
11) Make a list of monthly expenses
12) Make budget
13) Monitor Your Inventory Efficiently
14) Negotiate your payments with suppliers. …
15) Outsource few activities
16) Pay bills strategically
17) plan your instalments if you have bank loan
18) Priotise your expenses
19) Revisit pricing
20) Schedule Appointments
21) Take a Disciplined Approach to Your Finances.
22) Use technology to make and accept payments.

Anand Bopardikar
23 Mar 2022 @ 10:57am

Hello Sir,
1) First thing is that you should convert all your processes data into digital format. Means, all your repair material entries, inventory, your customer information, employee daily task data, your transactions, and almost everything.
2) For this, you will require a good experienced consultant who will guide you properly.
3) And believe me, this transformation to Digital data will not require huge capital. and you and your employees also can handle all this.
4) Major benefit is that, you have to enter only required or necessary data from your mobile or every employee can enter data from their individual mobile.
5) All other analysis part, alert, auto email, notifications, reminders, charts, and other things will get automatically managed.
6) Considering today’s era of Industry 4.0, this Digital transformation is must for every business.

For further information please visit the website – http://www.eterq.com

Saakshi Khiste
09 Feb 2022 @ 11:17am

I have a home based chocolate business for last 2 years. I make 8 different variety of chocolates as per the order. I wish to expand my business in retail market. What all things should I look for before entering the retail market?

Jyoti Gogte
16 Feb 2022 @ 11:06am

1. Be very clear on your product line & variety. What variety of chocolates? What are the flavours? What new flavours and tastes and styles can be added? Maybe you can make chocolate peanut fudge or dark chocolates, white chocolates or caramel chocolates and many more such varieties. List your chocolate creations that you are capable of making at home.
2. Research the market. Chocolates are one of the most common and popular items, consumed by one and all. Chocolates are one of the most common gift items too. Review your local market. Identify your local competitors. Research the market and find out what others are offering. Do your own analysis, and try to create something unique from the rest, along with the regular ones. Unconventional creations are always appreciated.
3. Decide on the market. You can sell retail, wholesale, at events and online. Initially, start on a small set up, serving the local known circles as birthday gifts, return gifts, for anniversary and other special occasions. May be you can also produce chocolates for special days like as Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day and so on. Design a promotion for each event. Once you get into the flow, you can supply in the local markets, in fairs and exhibitions, and even in Corporate events
4. Get your chocolate making equipment. Being a chocolate maker, you are the best person to know what equipment and ingredients are needed. Keep everything ready and in-place so that the moment you get orders, you can complete and deliver on time.
5. Get your own space. Do not convert your kitchen into a chocolate making space. Instead, allocate a separate space in your home only for your business, with all equipment and other supplies properly stocked, along with maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the space.
6. Keep the packaging supplies ready. This requires a little investment. So, purchase your chocolate packaging supplies. Your packaging also acts as an attractive way to sell your products.
7. Be open to criticism. Let your chocolates be tasted by your friends, relatives, family and take their opinions. It is always advisable to get feedback from your customers too so that you can improve and do better.
8. Go digital. – Be it a website or social media marketing, going digitalization is one of the best ways to market your business. Upload your chocolate pics on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and let others know about your home-based business. Spread the word
9. Marketing efforts –
• Create a logo within its brand name, price sheet for your chocolate store.
• Distribute handouts, brochures, and business cards to attract
• Tie up with other businesses, restaurants, wedding organisers, local bakeries, party organisers.
• Approach food bloggers to promote and find out food communities over.
• Take sponsorship of cookery shows, food fairs, and other business events.
• Provide free sampling and leave the taster to decide on buying the product to develop trust among customers towards your store.
10. Specialty – Do not reveal your secrets
11. Think about selling- Retail shops, Sell to the wholesalers, events

SANKAR SARKAR
16 Feb 2022 @ 10:53am

My CIBIL score is low. This is creating a problem in applying for loan. What should I do?

Jyoti Gogte
16 Feb 2022 @ 12:48pm

The time taken to improve the CIBIL™ score can normally be around 4-12 months, depending on your consistency in reflecting good credit behaviour.

Your credit score will improve by paying off your dues and loans, credit card bills

Few tips to build a business credit history .
1. Get a copy of your credit report
2. Identify the negative accounts – Items to focus on – Collection accounts, Late payments, Credit inquiries
3. Dispute the negative items with the credit bureaus
4. There are three ways to dispute accounts your credit report:
• By phone
• By mail
• Get late payments removed
5. Dispute Credit Inquiries
6. Pay down your credit card balances – Make sure that you pay at least the minimum balance
due on time, Pay down your credit card balances to keep your overall credit use low, Don’t
close old credit card accounts or apply for too many new ones
7. How your credit score is calculated
• Payment History – 35% –includes on-time payments, late payments, account status, and collection accounts. Late payments negatively affect your score for 36 months.
• Credit Utilization Ratio – 30% – The total amount of debt you have includes car loans, mortgages, credit card balances, and any other loan. Collection accounts that have been charged off aren’t included.
• Length of credit history – 15% –includes the average age of your current open accounts. Keep revolving accounts such as credit cards and lines of credit open for as long as possible.
• New Accounts – 10% – This is made of credit inquires and recently open credit accounts. The more credit inquires you have in the last 24 months; the lower your score will be. The good news is that after 24 months, the inquiry drops off your report and no longer affects your FICO credit score.
• Credit mix – 10% – The different types of credit accounts you have impacted your score.
8. It is not good to have five credit cards open and nothing else.
9. If you have credit cards, student loans, a mortgage, a personal loan, an auto loan, it shows credit mix diversity.
10. What is Considered Good Credit?
A good credit score is generally anything above 720.
A bad credit score is usually anything below 620.
Your score will get there over time as long as you have multiple credit lines open and you stay on top of your payments.
720+ = Excellent
680-719 = Good
620-679 =
Fair 580-619 =
Poor 579 and
lower = Terrible