Rent Agreement Registration
- Soft Copy of registered Rent Agreement will be sent on registered email id.
- One visit by the representative for biometric verification.
- Registration of rent agreement for premises located outside Maharashtra.
- Additional visits for biometric shall be charged additionally.
- Multiple visits for biometric verification in case of multiple tenants.
- Bio-metric verification of the owner in case he is residing out of Maharashtra.
- Printed hard copy of registered rent agreement on legal paper.
- Police intimation of tenant at the nearest police station.
Hey there! We've compiled a list of common questions to help you find the answers you need. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to reach out to us directly.
Valid Aadhaar Card and PAN Card of Owner, Tenant and their Two witnesses are mandatory for Rent Agreement E-registration.
E-registration is a new facility by the Maharashtra government to register your Rent Agreement online without visiting the sub-registrar office. Signatures are captured using the biometric device and user details are verified using the Aadhaar system.
Generally, within 6 working days, the rent agreement gets registered. In case the government website is down or not working it might take a few extra days to get the agreement registered.
Yes, an E-registered Rent Agreement works as a valid document as an address proof.
Yes, as per the current E-registration norms these can be added in the agreement.